Is it possible to change your life?
What change would you make? Is it big, is it small, is there just one, or would you make at least a dozen changes?
Could you turn around just one or two small aspects of your life and make yourself a better, happier person?
Yesterday I stumbled on an article claiming that in just 100 days you could make a major change in your life by just doing one or two things everyday. This isn’t a new idea to me, I’ve followed flylady.org, I’ve read the books, the blogs, watched the shows on tv, and have always ended up bored, procrastinating, forgetting about my “mission” and so many more excuses.
Life always seems to get in the way of making a real change.
But changing things, even just small things is always so appealing. Because what if, just maybe, things could be different, better, easier, and the grandest of all allures… more fulfilling?
What if I could have changed things on try #1, or #2, or #12 two years ago, if I had just stuck with it?!
What if you could have changed such and such six months ago… where could you be now?
Ahh, but the point isn’t looking back and saying “what if”, the point is to let your past motivate you to actually dedicate yourself to a happier you today. Or something of that nature.
I’m challenging you and myself to pick FIVE things from the list of sixty to tackle for the next 100 days. Keep a journal, keep a blog, keep some record that shows your progress. Dedicate yourself, find a friend to keep you accountable, don’t go it alone, storing the idea in the back of your head. DO NOT procrastinate and say you’ll think about it later, waiting for the perfect time, the perfect list of five… just start now. Because I know you are already psycho-analyzing this whole thing. Stop. It.
Here’s the link again for the list that inspired this post: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/60-small-ways-to-improve-your-life-in-the-next-100-days.html
You can choose from that list, another list, or make up your own five. But share it with us!
Here’s my five:
- Set an hour aside every day for the next 100 days to devote to creating one source of passive income.
- Create a “100 Days to Conquer Clutter Calendar” by penciling in one group of items you plan to declutter every day, for the next 100 days. Here’s an example:
- Follow the advice proffered by positive psychologists and write down 5 to 10 things that you’re grateful for, every day.
- Make it a point to learn at least one new thing each day: the name of a flower that grows in your garden, the capital of a far-off country, or the name of a piece of classical music you hear playing in your favorite clothing boutique as you shop. If it’s time for bed and you can’t identify anything you’ve learned that day, take out your dictionary and learn a new word.
- For the next 100 days do one kind deed for someone every day, however small, even if it’s just sending a silent blessing their way.
I wanted to choose something from every group, but there’s no reason to go overboard all at once, even if most of them sounded like great ideas that I just have to do now!
So let’s see it, what’s on your list?
(and psssst, go to http://www.facebook.com/WhiteGoatRanch to follow my upcoming craft thingy)