I hate talking about myself. I should rephrase that, I hate trying to describe myself. I detest writing bio’s and about pages, and grumble loudly when I have to post “7 facts about yourself”. I hate it.
But when a fellow blogger tells me to share something, a blogger who carries a gun, I listen. So even though I too have tons of weapons stashed away, I’m positive Bad Luck Detective is a better shot… So here ya go…
- My skin crawls when people say “You got” or “funner” and the like. I hate improper English when people are talking. Which is funny because my grammar skills aren’t much to brag about when it comes to writing.
- I’m bothered by the fact that Sesame Street no longer has episodes with Snuffy. I miss you Snuffy!!!
- I also miss real blue jeans, you know the kind that doesn’t stretch and you own them for years before you get that first tear in the knee… I think they went extinct with Snuffy.
- Sleeping in to 6 am is a rare treat for me. My children were cursed with a night owl mother, and I was cursed with early rising children. My mother finds humor in this.
- Our current minion count includes a 6-year-old boy, a husband, an almost 2-year-old girl, 1 cattle dog, 1 Belgian Malinois, 1 german shepherd, 2 cats, 7 chickens, 1 pygmy goat, 2 buggies, and a hand full of fish. My husband would prefer it to be a field full of Malinois, my son would prefer a field full of hamsters, and the girl would prefer a field full of kitties. I’m waiting for them to all move out so I can have a field full of horses. 😉
- I prefer the mountains to the ocean. (even though I can’t stand heights)
- I hate socks in the summer.
- The lead singer of Cinderella’s voice weirds me out a wee bit. But doesn’t even come close to being as annoying as Lee’s voice in Rush.
- My decorating preferences and styles are bipolar, and almost change weekly.
- I think the ending of a book/movie is way more important than anything else. I can be pretty harsh on an entire series solely based by my opinion of the ending. Skip out on a good ending and I will disown all of your brilliant work. I can’t help it.
- I am a secret online gamer addict. Or more so I could be one easily. I used to love Everquest, back in the days of when we had real internet, and nothing better to do.
- My top dream vacation is a 2 week horseback ride through Denali in Alaska… Here’s hoping I don’t scare myself out of it with what I’m doing to poor Denali in my book. (And here’s hoping my book will help pay for it one day)
- I’ve lived my entire life in and around St.Louis, Missouri. I defiantly follow by the “Show Me” mentality, and require reasons to trust people. It can be a flaw at times, but has also saved my butt a few times too.
- My husband and I don’t talk writing. Trust me, this is a good thing.
- I am probably one of the worst commenters out there in the social web world. By the time anything loads, I’ve forgotten half of what I was going to say, or I’ve run out of time. Charter or AT&T need to sponsor me!
- I take to criticism better than compliments. I have trust issues.
- I dream big. Always.
What should we know about you?
What else do you want to know about me?
Feel free to join in and leave your link in the comments!