I’ve been passing up the chain awards lately. At first they were all awesome and exciting, and then they became redundant and awkward. These things really float through the webs faster than the speed of light, and then they start to lose their specialness. They become insincere all too quickly, like tarnished glitter.
But sometimes we need to stop for a minute and just get down with our sappy sides. Sometimes we need to stop the day-to-day, the ideas, the to-do list and take a moment to thank those who really have made an impact, who have been there in the good, the bad, the ugly and the late night booze influenced chat messages.
Take for instance, Casey at Navigating Cyberloss, who passed on the award of One Lovely Blog to me. Her blog is dedicated to nothing more than being that ever there shoulder to lean on. Do yourself a favor and go there now, her writings are beautiful, deep and heartfelt. She’s a person you need to know, 100% genuine and open. She inspires me daily.
unfortunately there’s always the rules with these things, and people always demand 7 things about me, which for me is much like pulling teeth. I’m pulling teeth for you all, feel special.
- I am a self-taught knitter and crocheter. My grandmother tried to teach me when I was young and too stupid to appreciate the skills. I decided to learn the skills shortly after my first child was born for no real reason other than I wanted a new afghan. Two books later and bundles of yarn I can almost nail most of the basic and advanced skills… but I have yet to finish that afghan…
- I have a secret desire to become a marathon runner. I’m also too lazy to pursue it. I blame it on having a wee one, and no place to run with a stroller.
- I have two tattoos on my lower back. Both tribal, black ink only. One is a sun, with script for “Life” in the center, the other a horse.
- I have four completely written, unedited books from NaNoWriMo, all urban fictions. And I keep telling myself I’ll dust them all back off… one of these days, maybe.
- I am not a brave individual. I hate taking risks, and detest things I can’t control.
- I still love legos.
- My blog gives me daily conflict of wether to keep going with it or not… I am my own worst critic.
And now for the hugging:
Thanks (and this award) goes out to…
- The Valentine 4 (I’m still trying to figure out how to steal her writing skills)
- This N That , who puts up with more from me than she really should.
- “A” who doesn’t have a blog, but really should. <3
- The Laine List, who’s a brilliant designer for blogs (she did my headline!) but also a great friend and blogger.
- Belle of the Carnival who always keeps me entertained.
- The Bad Luck Detective, who’s the real deal writer, hero, comedian and sweetheart all wrapped into one.
- Is this the Middle, hilarious and great!
- Monday Morning Musings and Behavioral Child… just don’t get her started on purses!
- KarenLynn who’s a great photographer and friend.
- Journey of Life a most inspiring person.
- Denise, the community manager over at BlogHer who has way too many links to list them all, and whom we’d all be lost without!
- Truths From Chaos, with whom I just had the pleasure of finding her writings.
- Sassy Monkey who keeps adding to my dang to be read list…
- Home Reared Chef, again with many links and many talents!
- Sunbonnet Smart, who the world is most defiantly a better place because of her love for everyone she meets!
I could, and should add about 50 more people to the list of thanks. But getting all these links together and working took half a pot of coffee and over an hour. My dino-interwebs are about to die. Truly this blog would have died months ago without all of you! Thank You for everything!
This concludes the group hug and sappiness of the day.
Go pass on the love…
- Thank the gifter of award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Pass the award onto 15 deserving bloggers.